If you are facing the problem of the internet running slow, then you are lucky that you found this posts. In this tutorial, I will show you how to fix internet running slow. There are many causes for making an internet slow. The main problem is DNS. If your internet running slow then you are unlucky and this is the worst thing which can happen to anyone.
There are many side effects of having internet running slow especially for students. They have to make assignments and other researchers and there work is postpone or delayed due to slow internet. In this article, I will also mention some the most common reasons for slow internet and their solution also.
How To Fix Internet Running Slow
First, I want to mention reasons for internet running slow. There are many reasons for a slow internet browsing, but some of the most common reasons for slow internet are:
Reasons For Internet Running Slow & How to Fix Internet Running Slow:
1) Viruses & Malware: The most common reason for internet running slow is viruses and malware. These viruses can come from any of your downloads. These viruses and malware can reduce your internet speed up to 50%. You have to keep an eye on the presence of any type of virus and malware. Install antivirus for scanning your computer and if you find any virus or malware delete them.
2) Memory: Memory is also a big cause for making an internet connection slow specially when you are using older computer. Always keep your memory 30-40% free.
3) Wifi Signals/Obstructions: If you are using wireless connectivity for internet, then check for wifi signals and remove any obstructions like walls, metal pieces and other materials.
4) Software Update: You have to keep the software of your computer and other devices up to date for better and smoother experience.
5) Browser Data: Delete all type of data like cookies, browsing history, saved passwords and download history to release memory.
6) Reboot Modem: If you have not rebooted your modem for a long time then reboot it now to ensure the faster and reliable internet speed and connectivity.
These are the most common reason for internet running slow and their solutions. With this solution, you can fix internet running slow.
How To Increase Internet Speed
Above i have told you the reason for internet running slow and their solution. But now i am going to show you how to increase internet speed. With the help of new DNS we can increase internet speed upto 50%. If your slow internet is not fixed yet, than with this trick you can increase internet speed.
- Open CMD by pressing |WIN+R| buttons.
- Now type this command | netsh int tcp show global |.
- Now open notepad, paste this code and save it as boost.bat.
netsh int tcp show globalnetsh int tcp set global chimney=enablednetsh int tcp set heuristics disablednetsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normalnetsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
Now you have successfully fixed internet running slow.